Our Mission as a church is: "To Know Christ and Make HIM Known"
This commission in Matthew 28:18-20 is where Jesus says,
"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
We do this through worship, study, service and outreach.
Mount of Olives Church is a member congregation of the association of churches calling themselves Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC).
What We Believe:
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His sacrificial death on the cross as payment for our sins, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that "all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God."
- We believe that Jesus Christ alone saves the lost and sinful people and brings them to new life.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, who enables the Christian to live this new life.
- Our church bases all of its proclamation and teaching on the Word of God, the Bible. We say that the Bible is "our highest authority in matters of faith and life."
- We believe the Holy Spirit calls us together through the Gospel.
- We believe that we are called to serve God in the world, proclaiming in word and deed the Good News of the Gospel through acts of mercy, justice and compassionate service.