The Mission of Mount of Olives Church is "To Know Christ and Make HIM Known"
We base our mission on the Great Commission given in Matthew 28:18-20 where Jesus says,
"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
We live out our mission through worship, study, service and outreach.
Mount of Olives Church is a Lutheran church led by a Church Council elected by church members annually. Mount of Olives Church is a member congregation of the association of churches calling themselves Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC).
What We Believe:
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 44:6, Ephesians 4:4-6, Matthew 3:16-17, 28:19, I Corinthians 12:4-6, II Corinthians 13:13)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man. (Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:31,35).
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His sacrificial death on the cross as payment for our sins, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:31,35, Hebrews 7:26, I Peter 2:22, Romans 5:8, Acts 1, Revelation 22:20, I Timothy 3:16, Isaiah 9:6, Colossians 1:15-20)
- We believe that "all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God." (Romans 3:23)
- We believe that Jesus Christ alone saves the lost and sinful people and brings them to new life. (Acts 4:12, John 14:6)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, who enables the Christian to live this new life. (John 14:26, Acts 11:16-17, I Corinthians 12:3, Romans 8:14-17, Romans 8:1-17, I Corinthians 3:16, Ephesians 1:13)
- Our church bases all of its proclamation and teaching on the Word of God, the Bible. We say that the Bible is "our highest authority in matters of faith and life." (2 Timothy 3:16, Psalm 119:105, Matthew 4:4, 2 Peter 1:19-21, 1 Thessalonians 2:13, Revelation 22:18-19, John 17:17, 20:31, Luke 24:45)
- We believe the Holy Spirit calls us together through the Gospel. (Ephesians 4:1-6)
- We believe that we are called to serve God in the world, proclaiming in word and deed the Good News of the Gospel through acts of mercy, justice and compassionate service. (Matthew 28:19)